Deny flesh: my average wage was a humble $4.50/hr for working 12 hours averagely.
Experienced emotional dynamics: Widen my emotional band to extreme joy and sorrow. Some days I rejoiced at work and after work. Sometimes, I teared silently at office and wept aloud at home over my failure.
Convicted of God's love: my spiritual growth was surprisingly greatest during this 10 weeks. In the midst of bitter work, I found the Word of God to be pleasantly sweet, the sharing of God at workplace to be meaningful and praising and relying my Lord to be necessary. In fact, I believed I want a stressful career, for it would drive me to live a disciplined Christian life.
Believed in God's power: Everything that was impossible to the world was made possible by the Lord God Almighty who answers my call promptly and provided me with even more than I ever asked for. Who can be against me if the Most High is for me?
As you probably can infer, the 10 weeks were indeed a tested period for me - to deny the flesh and be fuelled by values, to resist temptation and renoun sins, to admit defeat before the Lord yet become triumphant when He chose to lift me.
Hallelujah. Praise the Lord. What poor are those who do not understand the wonder of Lord Jesus.
Posted by leni.b | ![]()